1/8/11

Withdrawal from Holiday baking!


The holiday baking season begins the day before Thanksgiving. My best friend and I put on our aprons, uncork a bottle of vino and have our first listen to holiday music (our choice: Sufjan Steven's holiday albums) while baking our holiday desserts for Thanksgiving.
It seems like every weekend between Thanksgiving and Christmas I find myself with my Kitchen-aid mixer whipping up a batch of treats for either a Cookie Exchange, Work's Secret-Santa and then of course Christmas itself. I can't escape my kitchen, here it is the first full weekend without anything holiday related and I am attempting to put away holiday decor, but I just find myself in my kitchen, this time whipping up a batch of chilli. Today - I have no reason to bake! I like to give away my treats - not keep them around for my husband and I to eat!

Here is the grand list of what was baked for the Holiday Season 2010:

Thanksgiving was mini-pumpkin whoopie pies - although I added a spiced cream cheese filling instead - just mixed a teaspoon or two of cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice into the cream cheese

Cookie Exchange - Nana's Knots

Treats for Work - good ol' chocolate chip, sugar cookies, Peanut butter Thumbprint Kisses and my fave of the season : White Chocolate Oatmeal Pistachio Cookies!
Edible dana-lectable gifts - Rainbow Cookies
Christmas - Limoncello Tiramisu - what a delectable treat, I can't wait to make it again, I loved displaying it in a trifle bowl.

1 comment:

  1. Dana-lectible, Im so happy you started this blog. You know im one of your biggest fans & very happy to be able to be the recipient of your baking sprees. This is a great outlet - Ill be checking in frequently to see what your whipping up and what I may expect monday morning, (angeleftovers). big yum M

    ReplyDelete