2/12/11

whoopie be mine?

Who doesn't like Red Velvet cake with the {best invention of sweetness} that is cream cheese icing? There is such a mystery behind Red Velvet - what makes it red? There is quite a history behind it - but in the modern days of baking, it really is a cocoa-flavored cake with some red food coloring!
So on this lazy Saturday I figured I would test out some red velvet recipes - I adapted my creation from this classic recipe and came out with a sweet-heart of a dessert!

First up - I love whoopie pies (who doesn't?) - the almost cake...not quite cookie consistency sweetens me, I thought I should give some of my heart shaped cookie cutters a whirl and see what I can "whoop" up.

I used a round cake pan and after letting it cool I used a heart shaped cookie cutter to cut out some pieces. I'll admit - it would of been easier having a mold, but this was fun, (plus the scraps while cutting out the heart shapes were a good taste tester) They came out perfect for my valentine.

No comments:

Post a Comment